Spring Tips for a Cool Summer
Spring is the time to prepare your system for the hot days of summer. Here are some tips you can use now to prepare!
- Schedule a Seasonal Tune-up – This is a preventative maintenance appointment with an HVAC professional that can help your system run more efficiently through the Spring and Summer months.
- Air Filter – You don’t need to be a professional for this one! Simply buy and replace your current filter. This will improve both air quality and efficiency. Check and replace your air filter every 30 days through the summer months.
- Duct Work – Have your duct work tested for leaks by an HVAC professional. Repairing leaks will increase the efficiency of your HVAC unit year round.
- Consider an Upgrade – If your current system is old having it replaced with a new, efficient system will save you money year round while keeping your home and family comfortable no matter the season.
- A Programmable Thermostat – If you do not have a programmable thermostat, have one installed. You can keep your home’s temperature consistent whether your are home or away, potentially saving you even more money on your energy bill.