Finding reliable AC repair for your HVAC unit takes a little more effort than simply letting your fingers do the walking through Google or the Yellow Pages. You want someone with expert knowledge that can handle any type of repair without costing you an arm and a leg. Professional AC repair options are endless, but the following list of do’s and don’ts can help you dwindle down your choices to find the best Hagerstown AC repair service for the job.
Do’s for AC Repair Service in Hagerstown
- Do do your research. The best place to start your search is online. Look for local options, as many contractors post their services with Google. Visit their websites to learn as much as possible and look for high-quality reviews from others who have already used their services. If the company’s website has grammar mistakes, spelling errors, or is otherwise difficult to understand or use, chances are they aren’t going to give quality service.
- Do pay attention to availability. While many HVAC companies are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, some may be available by appointment only. If you have an emergency situation, you’ll want an AC repair service in Hagerstown that can come to your rescue immediately.
- Do look for an experienced service. There are many licenses an HVAC specialist is required to have before they can legally perform work commercially. You are well within your rights to ask about the licensing a Hagerstown AC repair company has before you hire them for work. Ask also, how many years’ experience they have performing repair work on HVAC units, too.
Don’ts for Finding an AC Repair Company in Hagerstown
- Don’t go with the cheapest option. While it’s always great to save money, choosing an AC repair company in Hagerstown simply because they give you the best quote or offer the cheapest prices will probably come back to bite you in the you-know-what. Ultimately, the company you choose should offer the highest quality brands, have many positive reviews from other customers and have years of expertise in the industry.
- Don’t compromise on efficiency or safety. HVAC repair is dangerous work thanks to electrical and chemical risks. For this reason, it’s important to make sure the Hagerstown AC repair company you hire has insurance on all its technicians. Again, it’s your right to ask, so don’t be shy. Also, make sure you’re getting what you pay for. There are different units available with varying quality ratings at varying prices, so make sure you’re not paying more for a lesser quality, less efficient unit.
- Don’t ignore negative reviews. The Internet is a vast place that allows customers of all kinds to voice their opinions about the products and services they buy. Take advantage of this by reading as many reviews about the company you’re thinking about hiring for the job. Google and Yelp both offer reviews of thousands of companies, but be aware that many people post fake reviews to either make themselves look good or make their competition look bad. Take the time to read all the reviews and make an informed decision. On that same note, don’t let one negative review in a hundred positive ones deter you from hiring a quality company.
When you find yourself in need of AC repair in Hagerstown, West Virginia, follow the tips in the list above to ensure you’re getting quality service. One place to begin your research is with Shenandoah Air Conditioning & Heating, Inc. We have experienced HVAC technicians available in the Hagerstown area to service your AC immediately.
Shenandoah Air Conditioning & Heating, Inc. prides ourselves on having the fastest response time in the area. We will get to you as quick as possible so you don’t have to sweat the heat any longer than necessary. With the right tools and expert knowledge, we diagnose the problem and fix it in a timely manner.
Whether you need emergency repair for your AC HVAC unit, or you simply need to schedule routine maintenance, give us a call or visit our website to learn more about how Shenandoah Air Conditioning & Heating, Inc. can cool you down quickly.